The device settings allow to mimic the behavior of a real browser:
Select the user agent header to simulate. Modern applications may not look at the user agent anymore but you can still use the
Customized option to send a specific value for other purposes.
Allows you to configure the cookie manager of this user profile:
- Policy: Select
Standardfor automatic cookie extraction and replacement or
Ignoreto deactivate automatic cookie management,
- Iteration level: When activated cleans the cookies each time a virtual user instance runs a new iteration.
Several policies are actually identical when JMeter executes the test, typically
Best Match and
Compatibility will have the same effect. The same is true for the
Default policy that also exists in JMeter, we decided not to add it to OctoPerf for that reason.
- As specified in the VU: Default option, uses the configuration of each HTTP action as defined on the design screen,
- Always: Forcibly enables the Download resources option for all requests,
- Never: Disables the Download resources option for all requests.
Auto means the TCP connection is reset upon iteration end. This is the default mode since one iteration represents a single real user. On/off means it will always be kept/reset.
If enabled, allows you to configure the cache manager of this user profile:
- Cache size: defines the maximum number of elements the emulated cache should hold,
- Clear cache on each iteration: like cookies, clear cache when starting a new iteration,
- Use HTTP cache control headers: If activated, multiple similar HTTP GET may not be sent, in accordance to the cache control headers provided by the application.
Defines the network simulation in terms of the upload and download bandwidth. Network simulation allows to simulate similar connection conditions as a real user would experience.
The bandwidth setting apply to each virtual user instance.